"Thrust out in big numbers after a Lava Hound dies, these tiny creatures keep up the fight for a little while longer."
- Lava Pups are spawned when a Lava Hound falls in battle. Although they vaguely resemble their parent troop in appearance, they are significantly stronger offensively and have only a tiny fraction of the Lava Hound's health.
- When a Lava Hound dies, it splits into 8 Lava Pups at Level 1, 10 Lava Pups at Level 2, and 12 Lava Pups at Level 3.
- Offensive Strategy
- Upgrade Differences
- There are currently no upgrade differences.
- Added in the 16th September 2014 update.
- They have nearly identical stats to a level 1 Minion, the only differences being slightly lower Hitpoints and a shorter range (2.75 tiles for the Minion vs. 2 for the Lava Pup).
- As one of the three subtroops (the others being the Golemite and the Skeleton), it cannot be trained, placed or donated directly via the Clan Castle (although the parent Troops can).
- While the Lava Hound appears to be made of both molten lava and solid rock, the Lava Pup seems to be a pure lava being, perhaps suggesting that the lava cools into rocks as the Lava Pups mature.
- The Lava Pups will explode out in a large circle when they are spawned, instead of clustering up where the Lava Hound falls.